My whole life I have been fascinated with monsters and the macabre. When I was a child I would tromp around with my plastic vampire teeth in, bugging my mom to put the paper Halloween Decorations up months early so I could have my own haunted house. I emulated my father’s love for painting and sketching, honing my skills until I was in High School. I then fell away from my art as I allowed the trappings of the day to day grind get to me. I chased the ambitions of others until I realized my true calling was my first love in my art. I now create pieces that typically are centered around Urban Legends and human nature.
My typical medium is ink and watercolor or Photoshop but I have worked in many mediums:
- Photoshop is practically and extension of myself as I use it so often. Here is a sampling of my digital art
- I’ve sculpted for Billy Bob Co. (The creator of the animatorinics for Show Biz Pizza)
- I worked for Allied Costumes (under the extremely talented Allen Klaw Duckworth) which primary built costumes for Scholastic
- I build Halloween props such as my popular “soul tree” and corpse props
- I’ve worked in 3Ds Max, Cenima 4D, Lightwave, and Quantel Paint Box
- I’ve had two series in art shows. One was “Dread Till Drawn” and the other was “Burghal Mythos” (Which is someday to be a children’s book)
- I Created an internal comic book for Bright House Networks for 6 months/6 episodes
- I’ve conceptualized, built, and developed haunts and create my own home haunt most years.
- I play several instruments and have composed some dark ambient music
- I founded this site! I plan on doing more tutorials and adding my own content to help others.
Overall I’m just a average guy with a family and a 9-5 job trying to realize my artistic dreams. I love helping other artists and that is why I created this site. I want it to be a creative springboard for your own ideas and endeavors. With your help I can realize that dream and help other artists in the process.